Start your St Albans Story
St Albans stands out as a unique English Cathedral City, named after Alban, Britain’s first Christian saint. It has a rich history; St Albans combines Roman relics with beautiful medieval architecture and is home to the oldest pub in the UK!
You’ll find fantastic shopping, with many independent stores in the historic streets, and a popular Charter Market dating back over 1,000 years. St Albans is also known for its lush green 100 acre Verulamium Park, built on top of the remains of the old Roman City.
Enjoy the hospitality of our fantastic eating and drinking establishments. Don’t miss the packed programme of festivals and events throughout the year, including the Alban Weekend, Food & Drink Festival, and Christmas Market.
Where will you start?
- Within easy reach of London & local airports
- Cathedrals, Roman artefacts & local heritage to explore
- Fine local food & indulgent little extras
- Special events throughout the year
- Home to England’s largest new native forest
Request the St Albans Visitor Guide today for inspiration on incredible short breaks in the UK!